CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday 7 November 2007

STRESSED OUT AND READY TO EXPLODE



Work is really pissing me off at the moment. Spending allot of hours there, up to 11 hours a day, every day, it seems I just come home to sleep, wake up and go back there.It wouldn't be so bad only for the a-holes I work with.

I'm talking about people who don't try the "self help" method first and disturb you to ask a stupid question that if they had bothered they could have found the answer out themselves. They also expect me and my colleague to fix every f*cking thing that goes wrong in the place from unjamming the photocopier to being told we have run out of coffee - like I'm the freaking tea lady or something or worse still their wife.

Yes, they are all males (sorry guys) and what makes it worse is my colleague runs herself ragged to do their bidding, while complaining about it and doing the old martyr routine. She then gets the shits with me because I am assertive (OK more like aggresive) enough to tell them where to go - so I'm f*cked on both counts.

Now don't get me wrong I'm the first person who will help anybody in need, what I can't stand is people who are too lazy to get off their fat a*ses and do things for themselves. Ok rant over!!!

Weighed in this morning and am recording a gain which I totally expected,it has though improved over the last week as the numbers were much higher. All I can do is keep plugging away and not use my current stress levels as an excuse to pig out.

8 comments:

Meow Meow said...

WOW such a LONG TIME since your last post! YIKES!

I agree with stress and stupid people. They suck.

I am currently at work and have anoter 10 minutes of quiet before my hormonal 6th graders make their way to me and stay until 4:00. I am a bit under the weather and want to go home!!!

Nona said...

I know the situation you are talking about and I am also of the type to nip s*it in the bud.

Too many people are walking around this globe looking for someone to be big mummy or big daddy and that just doesn't cut with me. Like you I help when helping is appropriate but if you want an enabler then you better walk right on pass me.

Stress is a real trigger for doing what we do: EAT. So try to put the food and your feelings in a separate box. One has nothing to do with the other. I'm glad you wrote about this situation. Hope it helped!!!

{{Hugs}}

Mick & Cathy said...

Hey Celtic as they say "Don't let the b*****ds grind you down".

Chris H said...

Glad you are not letting the stress make you pig out... I am! Trying to call a halt though. Good luck with the work situation, hope it gets better soon!

Sally JPA said...

The men in our office tend to take a similar stance. I try to hold my ground. And so many people think true gender equity already exists!

TitanThirteen said...

My husband sooooo retated to your post! He actualy said to a guy yesterday, "Do you want me to wipe your ass as well???'

lol

Tania said...

Oh don't you just love the office politics? But having said that i'll swap with you anyday - we have about 5 men in our building and about 25 women - sometimes i'd give anything to work with more men!!!

Chubbymum said...

Men aye!!! I wouldn't be answering silly question either if you know that they are being lazy. This time of year sucks doesn't it... too many things on and too much stress and the weight sucks too... I hear ya sister!!!

WE can do this though aye... lets get ourselves back on track and get this bloody weight off.

Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com