CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday 9 September 2008

THE JOURNEY BEGINS

Today I had my visit to the Endocrinologist who will monitor me from a dietary point of view prior and following my Lapband surgery.

We just went over my "fat" history, what I have tried (just about everything except jaw wiring) the successes (not many) and the failures(to many to write).

He weighed me (down 4 kg's since my hospital admission)measured my height (eek! Iv'e strunk) and took my waist measurement( was too afraid to look and see if he needed two tape measures)

Because my surgery is 10 weeks away he's wants me to follow a high protein,low carbohydrate and low fat diet for 4-6 weeks to see how I go, If I am reasonably successful with that I wont have to go on the Optifast - WOOHOO ! that's music to my ears,as I feel like I have had my throat cut on the dreaded shakes.

While I was there I also saw my Immunologist, all is good so far, (except for the blood pressure) and I don't have to go back to see him until I'm admitted for the surgery, where he will come and see me in the ward. I'm happy about that as It's a one and a half hour drive there and back, plus a day off work, not to mention the city traffic and bloody exorbitant parking charges if your lucky to find one, fortunately my hubby comes with me and does the driving.



I found this picture while looking for information on Lapbanding and thought it was pretty powerful. I have about 5 - 6 things on this diagram, but the thing that really stood out for me, flashing like a neon light was the the very last item, bottom left,"Quality of Life improved in 95% of patients"

OH god, can I please have it now!!!!

10 comments:

Chrissie said...

Glad you are moving along in the process. I am so excited for you.

Chris H said...

God I'm so excited for you!!!!! Can't wait till it's done! Bring it on eh?

Nona said...

Sounds as though you are in very good hands, which you want to be when you are getting any major procedure done.

This will make a huge difference to your health and quality of life and I am so excited for you.

Tania said...

Sort of hits home hard huh? After all you're only 47 years old - so much life to look forward to, makes sense to ensure it's the best quality it can be. We're all here to support you, let the journey begin :-)

Mel. said...

I'm also so excited for you and hope the journey goes well. 10 weeks will fly by in no time.

I love that picture you found. I've got a few of them and every so often I still think about having the surgery too...

TitanThirteen said...

Do you feel "healthier" just knowing that there's real light at the end of the tunnel?
Is that picture how things improve after lapband surgery?

Anne said...

OMG - just gone back over your past few entries. You've been through a lot.

Wishing you all the best for the upcoming surgery:-)

angelfish24 said...

Glad you are doing well....and will be curious to follow the step by step on your lap band progress/wt loss in the future.

Mick & Cathy said...

The picture really does a good job, I think sometimes we just accept ailments when its really a weight issue. Hope everything goes well with the operation and you are in the 95%.

Nola said...

I know that my back will improve out of sight when I start to lose the weight...it has to. Not having to cart an extra 40kgs around has got to be a good thing! I can't wait either!!